‘…It’s so good to hear all about you today…..bless you for your work.’
As pet owners ourselves who have loved and lost our own animal companions, we understand and empathise with how difficult it is to be faced with the impending loss of a pet.
The decision to “put to sleep” or euthanase your beloved pet will be one of the most difficult and painful decisions you will have to make. We believe this final event should be calm, unhurried, peaceful and pain-free. A time to say goodbye to your pet in a compassionate and dignified way. We understand why so many owners wish to say goodbye to their beloved pet in the comfort of home.
The many benefits of home euthanasia include:
- A calm, peaceful and familiar environment (no stressful drive or wait in a clinic)
- All friends and family can be present to say goodbye
- The privacy to grieve at home
- The procedure can happen at the pet’s favourite area (this may be the garden, a favourite sofa or laid on the owners bed with them)
- Religious ceremonies can be accommodated
- If appropriate, the administration of a sedative to allow the pet to drift off gently to sleep before the final injection
We believe that saying goodbye to a precious pet should be measured, respectful and unhurried. A peaceful end not driven by time but by pure love and compassion.
Please visit our Directory to find a veterinary surgeon in your area who is able to assist in performing a compassionate and dignified at home euthanasia. If you don’t see a veterinary practice listed in your area please do talk to your local veterinary practice as many will provide a compassionate home visit on request.